Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
beginner here beginner here is offline

Default Comparing Text

Rick,

I just found my problem, I went back and went character by character,
comparing your formula and the one that I typed, and I found one typo. Once
I corrected that, it worked just fine.

Thanks for your patience.

Steve
"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

Rick thanks for the formula, unfortunately when I copied the formula down
in
Col C, after the first name in row two, every cell after that is left
blank.

You placed the workers names in A2:A8 (for the list that you posted), right?
You placed the formula in C2 and copied it down to C8, right? With nothing
in Column B, the entire list from Column A should be repeated in Column C.
As you type names in B2 through B8, those names should be removed from the
listing in Column C. This is not happening for you? I just repeated the
procedure I outlined above and it works fine here in Excel 2003.

Rick