Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove[_4_] Harlan Grove[_4_] is offline

Default Comparing Text

"beginner here" wrote...
My problem now is that I have a list of all workers, now some maybe gone for
whatever reason, which would be another list. What I am trying to do is get
a list of available workers for that day, to hand out to the supervisor.

Workers:
Dave
Tom
Steve
Paul
Tim
Ben
Edward

Name this list Everyone. I'll assume the top-left cell is C3.

Workers Not available that day:
Steve
Tim
Edward

Name this list Absent

Available Workers
Dave
Tom
Paul
Tim
Ben

In the column to the right of the Everyone list (col D given my assumption
above) enter these formulas.

D3:
=COUNTIF(Absent,C3)

Fill D3 down into D4:D9. The formulas will return 1 for absent employees, 0
for present employees. Select C2:D9, run the menu command Data Filter
AutoFilter. This will put drop-down list buttons in C2 and D2. Click the one
in D2, and select 0. This will produce a filtered list of just the present
employees, which you could print or copy and paste somewhere else.