Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Comparing Text

One possibility could be this...

Assuming your Workers are listed in Column A and the not available workers
are listed in Column B, both starting in Row 2 (assuming Row 1 is a header
row)... then place this formula

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,B$2:B$100,1,)),A2,"")

in Column C and copy down to the last row occupied in Column A... Column C
will show the list of available workers.

Rick

"beginner here" wrote in message
Everybody has been so helpful here, I was hoping not to have to bother
everybody with another question, but it was not to be.

My problem now is that I have a list of all workers, now some maybe gone
for
whatever reason, which would be another list. What I am trying to do is
get
a list of available workers for that day, to hand out to the supervisor.

Workers:
Dave
Tom
Steve
Paul
Tim
Ben
Edward

Workers Not available that day:
Steve
Tim
Edward

Available Workers
Dave
Tom
Paul
Tim
Ben

Now I would like to be able do this in a formula. I have tried the match
function, also have tried using the if statement, but nothing is working.

Any help would be appreciated.