Gord Dibben

jj

Don't think there is an official posted report, just word of mouth around the
news groups.

Has been discussed several times in the past few weeks in these Excel News
Groups.

Gord

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:06:36 -0800, (jj) wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll give that a try soon. Could I ask
where these reports are posted?

Thanks

jj

=======

In article , gorddibbATshawDOTca
says...

jj

Reports indicate this issue on a network is caused by Windows XP update
Q885250 on Feb. 7th, 2005.

Uninstalling it appears to resolve the problem.

To uninstall Q885250 go to Control PanelsAdd Remove and click on "Show
Updates".

Scroll to Q885250 and uninstall it.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:27:03 -0800,
(jj) wrote:

Running Excel 2002 or Excel 97 on Windows XP, using simple Peer to Peer
network with a Windows 98 SE computer.

Networking works fine on all appliaations, except Excel.

When I create a new work sheet and try to save it to the Windows 98 folder,
get an error message, 'unable to find folername<. The foldername shown is
now correct but is the concactination of the folder and the filename I am
trying to use. (i.e foldername is excel, filename to be saved is
jack1.xls
== error message says unable to fine folder excel\jack1.xls)

Crazy behavior. If I first save this file on the local computer running
XP,
it saves fine and I can then save this same file on the Windows 98 computer
in
the desired folder.

Any ideas anyone. I have updated XP and Excel to latest versions, and this
still happens.

Again saving files from other applications not a problem, nor is just
copying
files. Network is TCP/ip only -- share is not password protected.

thanks

jj