Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dhew Dhew is offline

Default Formular to read the last entry in a column

EXCELLENT. Thank you worked like a dream...

VERY MANY THANKS...

"Toppers" wrote:

try:

=INDEX(A:A,MAX(IF(A1:A65535<0,ROW(A1:A65535))))

Enter with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

"Dhew" wrote:

Excellent thank you, but is there any way to make it so that it doesnt
include 0.00's

"Toppers" wrote:

=Lookup(99^99,1:1)

will return last value in row 1

"Felix" wrote:

Brilliant! I can use this formula, too...

I tried to convert it for rows, but did not suceed. Is there an answer for
this?
--
Felix

"Toppers" wrote:

=LOOKUP(99^99,H:H)

"Dhew" wrote:

I am trying to calculate a "latest result" in which I need to read the last
(Not greatest or smallest) figure in a column:
e.g. column H has five figures in it, 100, 75, 70, 50, 65. I want a cell
that will show me the answer or 65, and if another figure is added
afterwards, for my latest result cell to show whatever is in this figure.

How can I do this???