Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Numbers into text format in excel[_2_] Numbers into text format in excel[_2_] is offline

Default How can i make numbers have text format without insering ' at

thanks a lot!!!

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

"Numbers into text format in excel" wrote...
I have a file with 10000 numbers and I want them to be in "text" format.
I do the basics (format-cell-text) but only when I insert ' or edit the
cell (F2+ENTER)I have the right results. is there an easier way which
is less time consuming?

You'd have to do the following for each column of values. Select a column of
values you want to convert to text. Run the menu command Data Text to
Columns. Select Fixed Width in the first screen of the wizard and click the
NExt button. Immediately click the Next button in the second screen of the
wizard. Select Text in the Column data format section of the third screen of
the wizard and click the Finish button.