Ken Wright

hmmmm - I could be reconsidering my position on this one <g

--
Regards
Ken.......................

"Dave B" wrote in message
Yeah, but what's life without an occasional merge??? :<)

Dave

"Ken Wright" wrote in message
Personally I'd say Dave's problem is that he merged cells at all, but
that's
just me <g

merged cells = spawn of devil

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

Dave

Excel has a problem auto-fitting merged cells.

You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written
code for this.

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

Note also a recent adaptation of this code by Greg Wilson.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P37D24B15

The best cure is DON"T USE MERGED CELLS. They cause no end of problems

with
copying, pasting, sorting, filtering.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 05:28:43 -0600, "Dave B" wrote:

First sentence should have been "When I have word wrap on in a single

cell,
......."
Sorry about that

Dave

"Dave B" wrote in message
When I have merge on in a single cell, clicking on the lower limit

of
the
row will enlarge the row to show all text. However, when I also

have
couple of cells merged, this does not work. In fact it collapses

the
entire text to a single line.

Is there a way to show all text when both merge and wrap are in
effect,
other than by dragging the lower edge?
Thx much

Dave