Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] bradyk819@gmail.com is offline

Default i need help creating a function that will extract words from a string of text

i have a very long column in Excel that has the following type of
information in each cell:

Bosch|Dish|Dishwasher|Bosch Dishwasher

I'm trying to use FIND, LEFT, LEN, RIGHT, and IF to extract the word
"Dish" from the string of text.

I have a ton of these cells and they're all different, but I only need
the word left of the first "|" mark and right of the second "|" mark.

here are a few more examples of the text in each cell

Bosch|Cooking|Oven|Double|Bosch Double Convection Oven - I only want
"Cooking"

LG|Dish|Dishwasher|LG Built-In Dishwasher - I only want "Dish"

Electrolux|Fabric Care|Washer|electrolux washing machine - I only want
"Fabric Care"

Could anyone help me?

Brady