Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default vlookup lookup_value

Sounds like Prices key column is text. Fix that or use

=VLOOKUP(TEXT(C22,"@"),Prices,2,FALSE)

--
HTH

Bob

"ATIHelp" wrote in message
I've got a very simple Vlookup function that is giving me a problem. I am
trying to find a match to a number, but can only get the match to work if
enter an apostrophe (') before the number (found in C22) and make it a
text.
I've checked that both the source cell and the searched cells are
formatted
to identical number format.

=VLOOKUP(C22,Prices,2,FALSE)

"Prices" is a sheet in a second externally linked workbook.

Thanks