Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default formulas populating dates - 1st Tuesday

On cell A2 type :
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1)
and copy it all the way down

in B1:
=A1+MOD((10-WEEKDAY(A1)),7)

and copy down

"N Harkawat" wrote:

See if this works :-

On cell A2 type :
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1)
and copy it all the way down

Then on cell B2 type this array formula (Ctrl+shift+Enter)
=SUM(IF(WEEKDAY(A2+(ROW(INDIRECT("1:7"))-1))=3,DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2),(ROW(INDIRECT("1:7") )))))
and copy it all the way down

"Jessica" wrote:

I have a start date that varies - and I need a formula that populates the
first Tuesday each month. I have tried several different formulas but they
all get messy due to some months being 4 weeks and others 5 weeks. Any
suggestions on which formula to try? Thanks so much!

A1= 1/6/07

Each month needs to be the first Tuesday of the month.