Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default "compile error in hidden module"

Ps. If I had to find the solution, I'd find one of those users who have
trouble. Share a version of the workbook without the project protection.

Then have that user open the file while I watched in person or via Netmeeting
(or equivalent).

I haven't tried this, but it looks like it may be useful if you're not both
running a version of windows that runs netmeeting (it was removed from Vista).

http://showmypc.com/

Dave Peterson wrote:

Try changing:

Application.DisplayAlerts = wdAlertsNone
And
Application.DisplayAlerts = wdAlertsAll

Application.DisplayAlerts = false
And
Application.DisplayAlerts = true

I stopped after finding that error.

Developer wrote:

Hello

I wonder if I might ask for some help

I built a very complex VBA spreadsheet for use by BBC Television which
allows their political programmes to be replayed from the Internet while
simultaneously displaying realtime audience approval and disapproval. The
primary audience is polling analysts and MPs.

It can be found at

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...0.stm#download

or

http://www.perceptionpanel.com/click...on%20panel.zip

Some users have reported a "compile error in hidden module" error message
referencing Sheet 11 of the spreadsheet. I am unable to replicate the error
on any of my systems.

It has been suggested that old versions of Adobe or the presence of Norton
Antivirus might be the cause. Might anyone have any insight into this
problem?

Many thanks

Best

Developer