Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default name,address in same column different rows. How move to column

I am still not sure if I understand exactly what you want. The way I
interpret your description the result would finish up staggered like this:-

Mr. Jerry Brown
123 Somewhere St.
Somewhere, CA 99999

Is this what you want or do you want the name, address &citystatezip all on
the one row but in different columns like this:-

Mr. Jerry Brown 123 Somewhere St. Somewhere, CA 99999

I can provide you with a relatively simple macro to do what you want once I
understand what it required.

Regards,

OssieMac

"kimbafred" wrote:

For example

Column 1 row1: Mr. Jerry Brown
Column 1 row2: 123 Somewhere St.
Column 1 row3: Somewhere, CA 99999

I need to get the address line (Column 1 row2:) and the City, State Zip line
(Column 1 row3:) to go to different columns i.e.:
(Column 1row2:) = (Column 2 row2:) and (Column 1 row3:) = (Column 3 row3:)
I don't even know if this is possible.

"OssieMac" wrote:

I don't understand what you want to do. You say the data is in one column but
different rows and you want to get the address and citystatezip into
different rows. Can you post a sample of the existing data and a sample of
how you want them to look.

Regards,

OssieMac

"kimbafred" wrote:

I have a file that came out of a program where the Name, address,
citystatezip are in the same column but different rows. I have some 1400
names in this column and I need to get the address and citystatezip in
different rows so I can do a mail merge