Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mailrail mailrail is offline

Default Conditional Format for negative time

Sorry to be so dense, but do I type in your formula exactly as you've written
after I change the drop-down to "formula is" in the CF area? Remember...in my
cell, the value that I'm trying to format actually shows up (for instance) as
-0:23. Could that be causing a problem?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

No, it works fine for me with 1904 date system as well.

--
HTH

Bob

"mailrail" wrote in message
Thanks Bob but when I use that, it (like when I tried it one my own)
formats
every single cell (whether less than the negative 19 minutes or not) with
the
condition that I have used. I have to use the 1904 date system to get
Excel
to recognize the negative time in the calculation. Is this causing a
problem?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use a formula of

=C1-TIME(0,19,0)

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"mailrail" wrote in message
I'm attempting to format cells to recognize cells that are greater than
minus
19 minutes (-0:19). So far, it won't work. I've tried using a ' before
and
after the time but to no avail. Any suggestions?