Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove[_2_] Harlan Grove[_2_] is offline

Default test expression for empty cell in =SUMIF()

"fgrose" wrote...
I wish I could find documentation of this expression syntax in the Excel
Help or function reference, even as an example. Have I missed it?

If not, where would l look for this type of expression syntax for Excel?

Unfortunately Microsoft doesn't seem to be interested in providing complete
documentation of Excel functions. These newsgroups are the closest thing
you'll find to providing such documentation, but they're somewhat
disorganized. Even so, searching the Google Groups archive is the best way
to find the most detailed explanation of how Excel's functions work.