Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Thomas Dave Thomas is offline

Default # of days in month

You can also use the following. If A1 contains a date, then the number of
days in the month represented by the date is given by: =DAY(EOMONTH(A1,0))
In this example the EOMONTH function adds 0 to the month of the date in A1
and calculates the date of the last day of the month. Then the DAY function
returns the day number (1-31) of that date.
Note: You must have the Analysis Toolpack add-in installed in versions prior
to Excel 2007 to use the EOMONTH function.

"dipsy" wrote in message
I know the month and want a formula that will tell me number of days in the
month. For example, April would be 30 days and May would be 31 days.