Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Extracting Data back and forth between Sheets

To extract data:

with Customer name in A2:

in B2:

=VLOOKUP(A2,Customer!$A:$C,2,0)

in C2:

=VLOOKUP(A2,Customer!$A:$C,3,0)

"Customer" is your Customer DB w/sheet

RE update of "conversation":

You will need worksheet event (VBA) code to write the data; how will it be
organised on the w/sheet?

HTH

"Paul" wrote:

I have loaded a customer data base with name, number, and email addy in three
separate columns on one page. On another page, is my weekly planning sheet.
How can I type a name on my weekly planning sheet (also located on the
customer page) in column A and have Excel automatically bring forward the
corresponding phone number (column B) and the email (column C) from the other
sheet? Also, is it possible that when I type the result of my converstation
in Column D, that it can aoutomatically be transfered to another page, where
the data can be continuously added instead of being rewritten over the
specified cell. Thank you very much for the help. Paul