Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Currency format

What about the currency format?

"Khoshravan" wrote:

There are many ways using Text or Value functions but I prefer the easiest
one as follows:
Any simple arithmetic calculation on text will convert them to numbers so
add a zero to the formula (+0) and it will turn to number.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

"Max" wrote:

Hello,
Please help me.
In a spreadsheet I need to assign the currency that we receive money in.
There is a column that states the currency in a 3 letter code.
The amounts are downloaded from a CSV file.
Here is the fomula that I am using.
=IF(ISTEXT($A51),IF($E51="USD",TEXT($G51,"$
#,##0.00_)"),IF($E51="EUR",TEXT($G51,"‚¬ #,##0.00_)"),"")))

The problem with this formula is that it converts the amount to text.
How can I get this or is there another formula that will give me the answer
in the relevant currency, as a value with the relevant currency, without
having to set the format using the "Cell Format" function?

Thank you for your help.

Max