Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default XY Scatter Plot - Non-numeric data

Change the formula to:

=if(a1="",NA(),1%)

This puts an ugly #N/A error in the worksheet, but no point is plotted.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Stan" wrote in message
Hi All!
I have been struggling with a problem when plotting data on an XY plot.
I have 2 columns of returns data (in % format) running down and I need to
plot them on the X-Y Axis. All is great when the data is present and
numeric,
but my data changes each time I run a new report - I have non-numeric data
in
some rows (blanks represented by "" from a formula saying something like
=if(a1="","",1%)
I was able to get around this for a while by creating and plotting a
dynamic
named range that counts the number of numeric data points in the column
and
adjusts accordingly but this does not work if there is a "" in the middle
of
the data stream.
What i really need is a way for the chart to simply ignore non-numeric
data
instead of assigning some random values that mess up my chart.
Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Stan