Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Pivot Chart Y Axis

Pivot charts lose all customization when the table is pivoted. You could do
is record a macro while you fix the formatting, then rerun the macro when
needed. Or you could make a regular chart of the pivot data, if the pivot
table doesn't change its size when you change the date range.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Neil" wrote in message
Thanks Jon that does work but the only problem is that i have the pivot on
different days and when i swap between the days it changes back to all
being
on the primary axis. I also had this when i changed the thickness of the
line
on the line chart. Is there any way of making this permanant? I have saved
it
but still no joy

Many thanks

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

In a pivot chart, the best bet is to plot the pairs on primary and
secondary
axes. Double click one of the small-valued series, and on the Axis tab,
select Secondary. Select the other small-valued series and click F4 to
repeat.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Neil" wrote in message
Hello

I have a Pivot table with 4 different kinds of data on. Two sets of the
data
are in the 500-900 range and the other two are 5-10 range and 30-50
range.
have these set as a line chart so i can can compare the data over
differnet
weeks. But with this weighting it makes the lower value ranges harder
see
clearly. Is there a way i can change the Y Axis to ditch say 200-400
and
bring tham closer together.

I Hope this makes sense

Thanks