Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pam M Pam M is offline

Default Sum many unconnected cells

They are not in a pattern, however the cell to the immediate left is labeled
SalesTax. There are so many, manual selection would be nearly impossible.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Is there any indications in adjacent cells that these are sales tax or are
they located in a certain pattern like every 5th cell or so? If not then
there is no other way than to type

=SUM(

then select the cells manually by holding down the ctrl key and select each
cell one by one

Peo Sjoblom

"Pam M" wrote in message
Would anyone know of an easy way to sum a large quantity of unconnected
cells
within a worksheet? The worksheet is on one sheet. We have it broken
down
into many sections within the spreadsheet and each section has a cell that
calculates salestax. I want to sum all of the cells that have salestax
into
one cell on another worksheet. Thanks!