JT

Jason, my mistake. When I say "highlight", I actually meant "select". I want
to select all cells with lookup formulas so that I can use the Format
Cells-Protection-Locked option to protect the cells. Your macro works
beautifully to hightlight (fill background color) the lookup cells, I will
keep it in my notebook. Can you also modify it to let it "select" the cells?
Thanks!

"Jason Morin" wrote:

Try this macro:

Option Explicit
Sub FindLookup()
Dim FormulaRng As Range
Dim FormulaCell As Range
Dim sFormula As String

On Error GoTo NoFormulas
Set FormulaRng = ActiveSheet.Cells. _
SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas)
On Error GoTo 0

For Each FormulaCell In FormulaRng
With FormulaCell
sFormula = LCase(.Formula)
If InStr(sFormula, "lookup") Then
.Interior.ColorIndex = 36
End If
End With
Next
Exit Sub

NoFormulas:
MsgBox "No formulas found!"

End Sub

---
To run, press ALT+F11, go to Insert Module, and paste
in the code above. Press ALT+Q to close. Go to Tools
Macro Macros.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA