Chip Pearson

You need a function to do this. Select all of the rows in column
C that will contain the concatenated text, type

=A1&" "&B1

and press Ctrl+Enter rather than Enter. This will fill the
formula down in all the selected cells.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Frank D. Nicodem, Jr." wrote in message
Is it possible to merge two columns of data into a single
column, such that the resultant column will contain cells of
text consisting of the *concatenation* of the two columns?

In other words, let's say I have two columns -- A & B -- each
with many rows of cells. In column A, I have a list of First
Names; in column B, I have a list of Last Names. What I'd like
to do is to merge them into a single column of First and Last
Names.

I know I can create a function (in a third column, for
instance) for every single row, where column C would use a
CONCATENATE function to merge the data in A and the data in B.
But I was hoping for a simpler way than that. (Plus, unless I'm
mistaken, I'd have to replicate that function for every single
row I add to the spreadsheet. Is there any easy way to do
that? I.e., to say "Column C will *always* be the concatenation
of A and B" -- *without* having to manually enter that
function each and every row?)
Frank Nicodem