Frank D. Nicodem, Jr.

Default Merging columns of data

Is it possible to merge two columns of data into a single column, such that
the resultant column will contain cells of text consisting of the
*concatenation* of the two columns?

In other words, let's say I have two columns -- A & B -- each with many rows
of cells. In column A, I have a list of First Names; in column B, I have a
list of Last Names. What I'd like to do is to merge them into a single
column of First and Last Names.

I know I can create a function (in a third column, for instance) for every
single row, where column C would use a CONCATENATE function to merge the
data in A and the data in B. But I was hoping for a simpler way than that.
(Plus, unless I'm mistaken, I'd have to replicate that function for every
single row I add to the spreadsheet. Is there any easy way to do that?
I.e., to say "Column C will *always* be the concatenation of A and B" --
*without* having to manually enter that function each and every row?)
Frank Nicodem