Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PiB311 PiB311 is offline

Default Pivot Tables

Hi all!

I am creating a report that uses pivot tables to feed a data source for a
column chart. The data is a weekly append, and shows records that were added
during the previous week.

Because of this, the data is continually changing and does not represent the
same groups... ie the annuity group may have a record one week but not the
next. Because of this, I was wondering if there was a method to set the
actual pivot table to a range name. when refreshed for any given week, the
data could then be captured for the new groups, and omit data for ones that
arent there. Right now I have range names for cells that might eventually
contain data, (there are x groups possible, so i named x cells "Workgroup")

Please let me know if there is a "cleaner" way to accomplish this!

Thanks for any help.