Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ang Ang is offline

Default Excel 2003 Pivot Refresh Error

Hi,

I have created a sheet of pivot tables within a workbook (approximately 20)
which all point to external data (excel spreadsheets)).

I seem to have no problem in using the 'refresh all' button to update the
pivot tables when i open the workbook. However, when anyone else opens this
workbook (which they need to do) and uses the same button they get the error
message:

"cannot open pivot table source file [filename]sheetname"

I can't understand that I (as an administrator) can point to the data and
update ok and another administrator cannot, also a user cannot - who has
direct access to open any of these workbooks and see them.

I have checked macro security and it is set to Medium for all.