Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default Graph/Chart Question

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
carl said:

I do not use the chart/grph feature too often. I was trying to use the Chart
Wizard to graph the following data:

I think I need to have 2 different scales (% and Natural).

That's a very nicely formatted table; I imported it into my spreadsheet
with ease.

Unfortunately, your data set is a tricky one, with the three series
having *three* largely different scales. Even if you give your A series
over to the second scale, your B series is still going to be small
compared to the C.

Still, for what it's worth: select the A series by clicking with your
mouse on one of its points or lines (or bars etc.) Then right-click
(assuming you have Windows) and select "Format data series.." to get the
series formatting dialogue box. Then select the "Axis" tab and select
the "Secondary axis" radio button.

Would it help if the primary axis were logarithmic? Try selecting the
axis, right click "Format Axis", "Scale" tab, "Logarithmic scale" check
box. But to be honest, the B series isn't a very interesting one. Can
you omit it, given that A is just B/C anyway, so one of them is
redundant?

--
Del Cotter