Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
maijiuli maijiuli is offline

Default formula to find all possible combinations

Thanks for the formula D Hilberg. That's a start.

Does anyone know somewhere on the web where I can research to create this
macro? I do not mind to create the macro myself with a little push in the
right direction.
--
Thank You!

"D Hilberg" wrote:

The formula to *count* the combinations:

= 2^7 - 1

If you want the whole list, you may need a macro.

On Jul 12, 12:02 pm, maijiuli
wrote:
Hello,

Is there something in Excel 2003 to find all possible combinations of a set.
For example if I have:

Employee
Spouse
Domestic Partner
Child
Children
DP Child
DP Children

How do I find all the possible combinations? Like:

Employee only is one combination
Employee + Spouse is one combination
Employee + Spouse + Child is one combination

Please let me know if this is possible?
--
Thank You!