Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Macro Execution

You could use Windows Task Scheduler to fire up Excel and your workbook at
3:00am.

The workbook would have workbook_open code to run the macro.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
macroname or code goes here
End Sub

Entered in Thisworkbook module.

Or in a general module

Sub Auto_Open()
macroname or code goes here
End Sub

You could add to your code to close Excel when done

Application.Quit

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:46:27 -0500, "C Brandt" wrote:

This should be simple, but I cannot find an example.

What I want to do, is every morning, at 3:00 AM, auto execute a macro that
will rename data files. The reason for this is that another auto-executed
routine will be downloading new data into my system from another location
and likes to use the same filename every day.

In a blank spreadsheet, I've written the procedure that accomplishes the
renaming, but am at a lose as to how to auto execute it, when the sheet is
opened. Since I am unfamiliar with the world of object oriented programming,
example coding is the best way to get me started. Thank you.

I am now off looking for a way to schedule the spreadsheet to be opened
every morning at 3.

Any ideas?

Craig