Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michele Michele is offline

Default automaticly add 6 zero when i type a number

i figured that out but you were right about the auto decimal

THANK YOU

"robert morris" wrote:

mistake correction

Custom Cell formating should read 000000####

Sorry about that

Bob M.

"Michele" wrote:

I did what you said and unfortunatly it isn't working. i put in " 0000000000
" and it returned " 0000000012 " so i added 2 more zeros just to see and it
just adds 2 more zeros so now it has 13 zeros and 12 at the end. Any other
suggestions?
"robert morris" wrote:

You're close Format Cells Click on Custom in the Type Box, replace the
word general with 10 zero's. Copy to your range. When you type in 1234 it
will return 0000001234.

Bob M.

"Michele" wrote:

In Excel 2003 i had a cell that would automaticly add 6 zeros to the
beginning of a number. If i typed in " 1234 " it would look like this "
0000001234 " I did this by custominzing the fomat of the cell with "
000000#### ". Have upgraded to Excel 2007 and now it doesn't work anymore.
Now it displays " 0012 ". i've tried every combo i can think of to make this
work but can't get it right. Does anyone know what i should do?