Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
clubin clubin is offline

Default Dragging formulas

I think I figured it out

all I have to do is use

=offset(reference fo my cell,column(A:A)-1,0)

is that right, or is there a better way?

Thanks!

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
in D4 enter
=OFFSET('sheet1'!$B$8,0,ROW(1:1)-1)
and copy this down

"Ben Greenwood" wrote:

Hope someone can help out here, please...
Excel 2003:
I have a list of columns (i.e. B8, C8, D8, E8 etc) that I want to copy down
a row on another sheet.

For example, on my other sheet, in cells D4 to D14, I want it to reference
cells across the colums, going, B8, C8, D8 etc. I've tried using absolutes
($) and still when I drag down the Autofill, it changes the row rather than
the column, even if i give it 10 cells of data I have manually entered to
give it the idea.

I'd type them in myself if i didn't have 8 columns of over 350 rows to enter!

Any ideas?

Ben