Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Indirect Use of XLM in Excel 2000 and Prior

Obviously, that was just a rhetorical question, Harlan. I'm very aware of
your reputation for precision and efficiency. You had a concept you believed
should work and you pursued it to a successful end. THAT I applaud. Like I
said: Nice work. (I hope the performance of that method is favorable)

***********
Best Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

"Ron Coderre" wrote...
What happened? Did figuring that out go from an idle curiosity to an
outright quest for you?

So you read my post from a few days ago? If I'd had an older version of
Excel running on a nearby machine at the time, I'd have tested it then. Last
night was my first chance to use such a machine to test this.

A bit more than idle curiosity. I use relative worksheet addressing, and
I've had to use udfs. Now it appears I can scrap those udfs, but after I
check relative recalc times.