Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lumar Lumar is offline

Default traffic light in excel

The conditional formatting & other examples I've seen don't quite give me
enough options - we are using Excel for project-like lists (because, unlike
Project, it can slice, dice, count according to various strategic
parameters). For those projects, besides metrics & tasks, dates, etc., we
are capturing "status". Besides the typical red-amber-green, we have three
others (New, completed-but-late, and due-date-revised). I'd love to do a
drop down election (using wing-dings) for "status", and thought I could
create a colourized wing-ding list to do so - but display within the drop
downs doesn't show the symbols (but rather the "text" equivalent) even when /
if I change the cell's font to wingdings. Am I asking too much?