Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Show a Cell at Top Left

Try something like this:

'-----------Start of Code--------
Sub PutCellInUpperLeft(sCellRef As String)
Dim rCell As Range

Set rCell = Range(sCellRef)

With ActiveWindow
.ScrollColumn = rCell.Column
.ScrollRow = rCell.Row
End With
rCell.Select
End Sub

'Test that sub with this procedure
Sub TestCellScroll()
PutCellInUpperLeft sCellRef:="Q1"
End Sub
'-----------End of Code--------

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"anshu" wrote:

Hi Pete,

I thought about that but I also want people to have an option to look
at other reports which are there in columns A through P. At this
point, I just dont want other reports to stare at them when they
should be looking at the one I want them to show

Hope you understood where I am coming from.

Waiting for more answers...

Thanks,
Anshuman

On Jul 12, 8:59 pm, Pete_UK wrote:
This will just make Q1 the ActiveCell - try hiding the columns A to P
first.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 12, 1:55 pm, anshu wrote:

Hi All,

I thought this will be easy but I am stuck.

I am generating a report in Excel 2003 and once the report is
generated, I want Cell Q1 to be on the top left of the visible screen
(basically I have some more reports left of Q1 which I dont want to be
visible after report is generated..I just want people to be looking at
this report which I generated now)

I was trying this:

Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Range("Q1").Select