Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveMax SteveMax is offline

Default Conditional Format Formula Issue

Hi,

I am trying to use CF on a non-contiguous range of cells. I'm basically
trying to tell it to place a top border on the cell if it is NOT the same as
the cell above it. I have also tried only contiguous cells, with no luck
either(and would certainly have no problems applying it multiple times if a
solution required doing so).

The only way it has sort of "worked" is to enter it in only 1 cell, however,
the moment I add it to another cell, it stops working for both cells(or any
value when I try to use the formula on 1 cells). I originally had other CF's
applied, but even deleting those rules does not get this to function for me.

Is this formula too volatile for what i'm trying to accomplish? Or do I have
something else wrong with it?

=IF(CELL("contents")<CELL("contents",INDIRECT(SUB STITUTE(CELL("address"),ROW(),ROW()-1))),TRUE,FALSE)

Regards,
Steve