Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default 17 random numbers between 1 to 65

They don't need to be between 1 and 65. Just put random numbers in a
helper column next to your names and then sort using the random
numbers as a key - then just take the top 17 names (or the bottom 17,
or 17 from the middle).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 11, 3:32 pm, Khoshravan
wrote:
I have a list of 65 names sorted alphabetically. I want to choose 17 names by
random. So my tasks is: how to choose 17 random numbers between 1 and 65. I
know how to produce random numbers in Excel, but
I don't know how to locate them to be between 1 and 65 .

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan