Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Problem with Graph dates

Chart menu Chart Options Axes tab, change Category (X) Axis type from
Automatic to Category. Now each date in your data range will appear on the
axis, and the points will be equally spaced. That is, the distance from 7/2
to 7/9 (7 days) will be the same as from 5/23 to 6/6 (14 days).

If you need proportional spacing but also need to explicitly state the
dates, you could add data labels to the points, showing "labels" (which
means category labels).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Joe M." wrote in message
I am trying to create a simple graph with the Y axis using these dates
listed
in a column of cells:
07/09/07
07/02/07
06/26/07
06/18/07
06/06/07
05/23/07
However the graph shows these dates instead:
07/04/07
06/27/07
06/20/07
06/13/07
06/06/07
05/30/07
05/23/07
As you can see the graph is automatically setting an increment of 7 days.
How do I get it to use the specific dates listed in my column?
Thanks
Joe M.