Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shazza Shazza is offline

Default conversion formula

Ok sorry about this but i have managed to figure it out. Now i am wondering
if there is any way that i can get the percentage value to show up
automaticaly into a different cell without me having to type it in as i am
not allowed to break up the pass mark into 2 different cells.
--
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie

"Shazza" wrote:

hi I work with Excel 2000. I have a spreadsheet that holds the pass marks
for students displayed like so
27-Apr-07 El Health & Safety 13 93/130 72%
29-May-07 First Aid 18 124/180 69%
08-Jun-07 Geography 19 156/190 82%
this shows date, name of course, how many students sat the exam, what their
pass mark was and then the pass mark as a persentage.
The person who set up this spreadsheet obviously has better math skills than
me as she was just typint in the pass mark persentage.

I need to know if there is a formula that will automatically show me what
the persentage rate is. (my fingers are crossed in the hope that there is)
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie