Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I maintain cell formatting when I export to a mail merge?

=TEXT(A1,"(000) 000-0000") if you want to do it in Excel, or otherwise you
may be able to use field formatting in Word
--
David Biddulph

"SEANf" wrote in message
When I create a mail merge in Word from Excel data, I often have a hard
time
with records that have specific cell formatting. For example, I simply
enter
0123456789 in an Excel cell but have phone number formatting to give me
(012)
345-6789. This saves a ton of time on the Excel side. But, if I have a
phone
number "merge field", the formatting is lost and the number reverts to
0123456789 in Word. Is there any way to freeze or maintain this kind of
formatting when doing a mail merge in Word pulling from Excel? This would
save me SO much time.

Thanks.