Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Big UT Fan Big UT Fan is offline

Default Is this possible? (Circular reference?)

I'm using Excel 2002. Here's is what I'd like to do...imagine a column of
whole numbers which represent anything...a 5 digit zip code for example. I'd
like a function or formula that I could apply to all the cells in the ZipCode
column. This function would hyperlink to a url which includes the zipcode.
I believe this is called a circular reference. I'd like this automated or
done as effortlessly as possible. Here is how I currently accomplish
this...enter the zip codes into the spreadsheet; go to the url which includes
the zip code in the url path; highlight the url and copy <ctrl-c; create a
hyperlink in the corresponding cell and paste <ctrl-v the url. This is very
cumbersome. That probably isn't very clear but any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks, Mike