Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Macro help - Moving 2 cells from 100 separate files into new folder

You can start here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

See example 3
Not open the files yourself (the code will do that)

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Steven" wrote in message ups.com...
I am opening 100 excel files at a time and I need to do the following:

Create a macro in a new Excel file that will copy two cells from each
of the 100 files and put them next to each other in separate columns.
I will then need to open another 100 files and have the macro perform
the same function, but obviously adding the new new data below the
original data.

The data is in the same location in all the files, and the worksheets
have the same name. Please send a quick macro that I could use for
this purpose.

Thank you.

Steven