Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Identify New Added Rows

why not change your ranges to defined ranges and use that?
on the page desiredinsertnamedefinename it anything you like such as
myrngin the refers to box type in
=offset($a$1,0,0,counta($a:$a),12)
(look up OFFSET in the help index for details)
then refer to the new defined name range for your reports,etc

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"AnneMarie" wrote in message
Could someone tell me how to write an If-then statement that will identify
if
a new row is added to a range? For example, we have a range of data from
A8
to J329 that covers a financial accounting system. In some cases, a new
account number will be added simply by inserting a new row which throws
off
the template designed for keeping up with the different accounts.

I need a simple flag in a cell that will change color or put an asterisk
or
do something so that I know a new row has been added rather than each time
counting rows or comparing account numbers....is this possible?

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it.