Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chrissy Wissy[_2_] Chrissy Wissy[_2_] is offline

Default Correlation matrix

Hi
this is a point I have also raised in the graphs section. I was wondering if
there was an excel addin that allows a coorelation matrix to be ploteed as a
contour plot. What I want to essentially view is a contour plot showing the
"intensity" (r
= 0 - 1) of the correlations between each variable for all combinations. This
is primarily because I have complex data and such a realisation would greatly
enhance my interpretation. For example, the "diagonal" in the contour plot
would show a maximum intensity of 1 for each combination of x1/x1, x2/x2,
etc. It would be quite straightforward to place the mirror image of the
matrix data above the triangular matrix should that be required by the
application.