Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sandeep sandeep is offline

Default PORTABILITY ISSUES with Excel Addin in VBA

When say user1 develops the report and saves, the
functions are saved to the xla file using an absolute address.

The directory depends on where the excel is installed. Below is an example
of a function saved.

='C:\Program Files\microsoft
office\OFFICE11\xlstart\ConsolidationAddin.xla'!ge tValue($B$1,"DESCRIPTION","LINE_ITEMS",B16)

If user1 sends this report workbook to another report developer, user2 whose
excel installation is different from the original developer, The report
cannot used unless the absolute address is mass replaced on all the
worksheets of the workbook.

For this to work we need to select each sheet in the workbook and then
remove the 'C:\Program Files\microsoft
office\OFFICE11\xlstart\ConsolidationAddin.xla' from all the functions for
each cell.

Can any one please help me to resolve this issue.

We want that when the user saves the report, it must be saved with the
relativbe address i.e only the function name
'getValue($B$1,"DESCRIPTION","LINE_ITEMS",B16)' i.e. instead of storing the
complete address in each cell.

thanks,

sandeep