Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Default Export Explorer Metadata to Excel

The closest I could come to that would be to suggest trying Jim Cone's fine
commercial Excel Add-in called ListFiles.........it's available at:

http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware/

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"J. Michael Barnwell" wrote:

I'm interning at a company in Jacksonville, Florida and I've been sent on a
'wild goose chase,' so please...bear with me on the details.

We have an internal customer who is looking to export the file headings for
any particular folder in Windows Explorer on XP to an Excel Spreadsheet. He
also wants to be able to organize them much intune to the functionality that
is in place in Explorer...(date created, size, filetype and the like). Does
such functionality exist?

Don't be afraid to ask for more information as you won't hurt my feelings.

-Michael

postscript: this is on XP Pro in Excel 2003

Thanks