Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nastech nastech is offline

Default verify use of TIME Function, Find Quantity Level compare to time-d

(070709) verify use of TIME Function, Find Quantity Level compare to time-day.

If I can get feedback on correct use of the following, thanks.
Hello, have asked this one for awhile, got answer: try WORKDAY()
was / is the wrong answer. Have been trying to find the acceptable value of
a quantity, at any given time of day, compared to a set total quantity.

If the following is correct for a "relative position" equation, in percent:
=(last/from)/(to-from)*100

then trying to find the acceptable volume quantity level, for a percentage
position of the time-of-day (9:30am-4pm / 1600 hrs), might be:

=CT9(((($DC$3-TIME(9,30,0))/(TIME(16,0,0)-TIME(9,30,0)))*100)%*CU9)

where CT9 is the Last Quantity, $DC$3 is a time stamp (with: Cntrl+Shift+;
),
and CU9 is the Total Quantity being compared to.

with being told "it cant be done" / Time Function didn't just jump out at
you in help... / otherwise I ask you, is this correct?