Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default number of hours needed

Try

=(300/24)-F23

(format as [hh]:mm

1 = 24 hours in Excel so 300 would be 300*24 hours, thus the number would be
large
so before you do any calculation with decimal and Excel hours you need to
convert them, either the 1st formula I posted or

=300-(F23*24)

formatted as General

note that the latter will give you the answer in decimals

Peo Sjoblom

"xololady" wrote in message
I appreciate your previous help with this time sheet. Now I have total
hours
worked. I want to create a formula to show hours needed to work out of
300.
So I tried =300-F23 (which is the cell where my total hours worked is) I
get
a very large number. F23 is formatted as [h]:mm;@ and so is my total cell
(F27). I tried formatting F27 as a number and that was wrong too. Thank
you
for your help.