Graham Wideman

Slightly improved answer:

(If I knew how much I'd turn out to know I should have called myself
earlier!)

The problem arises because Excel wants to recalc the trendline curve using
more-finely spaced points when you tell Excel to draw or print to
higher-resolution device. As a side-effect that obscures the dashed line
effect.

But we can take a copy of the chart image when it's in coarsely-calculated
state (eg: Excel worksheet window at 100%) and paste the image (vector
"Picture" not bitmap) somewhere else, like Word. That prints just fine
(because of coarse Word is not going to recalc the trendline).

Graham

Graham Wideman
Microsoft Visio MVP
Book/Tools:
Visio 2003 Developer's Survival Pack
Resources for programmable diagramming at:
http://www.diagramantics.com