Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michel Khennafi Michel Khennafi is offline

Default Formatting a number

Good morning...

I have a situation where I would like the formatting of a % number to follow
the rules:
- if the number has no decimal then print the number as is for instance 98%
- if the number has more than one decimals, print the number with only one
decimal, for instance 98.17% becomes 98.2%

One of the goals is to avoid such displays as 98.00%

I tried to play with the format but never had a chance to figure it out...
has anyone handled this situation before? should I create a custom format?

Thanks so much for your assistance

Michel