Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy920 Andy920 is offline

Default install office 2000 on windows xp

I have had the same problem with mine not reading the key properly. Couple
things to try and check. Clean the disk of, slightest bit of dirt on it can
mess it up. What I have also had to do and it worked was for the numbers
instead of using the numperpad, used the numbers across top of keyboard, and
that worked. Picky thing lol. Also, do you have more then one hard
drive/partition? And do you have more then one cd rom? By default it wants
to look for the key on the D: drive Even if you have one hard drive and one
cd rom, when you do the install and it tells you it didn't find the key,
there is a browse button, click that and direct it to where the cd is. One of
these options, or all lol should work. As I said mine does the same thing and
this has worked before. Good luck

"0749css" wrote:

I get a product key error when trying to install my old version of office
2000 on Windows XP. I know my product key is correct. What am I doing
wrong. I do not want to purchase the office xp