Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
john mcmichael john mcmichael is offline

Default Compare and copy rows of data based on an ID#

Good Afternoon,

I have 2 spreadsheets in 2 separate workbooks. The both contain lists of
orders. The first is a list of recent orders, while the second is a list of
older orders. All records are identified in column A by a PO#. I need to
compare the older orders and newer orders to find records in the new order
list not already found in older order list. Once I find the newer orders
that are not in the other list, I need to copy them ( the entire data set )
and append them to the older orders list. I know it sounds like a hassle and
it has been for me as I do it all manually now. I'm hoping that there is a
faster way to make this happen. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to your response.